From teen queen to fashionista: Emma Watson goes all grown-up in glossy magazine shoot


Ethereal: Emma Watson strikes a pose in an earthy shoot for the new August issue of the UK edition of Harper's Bazaar


In the run-up to the world premiere of the final Harry Potter film, Emma Watson had been reaching her target audience with a string of interviews with teenage magazines.

But as she prepares to make the move from child actor to adult film star after closing the book on her Potter character Hermione, it looks like the actress is determined to show her grown-up side.

The 21-year-old is dripping in the latest designer creations from the likes of Yves Saint Laurent to Emilio Pucci in the new issue of Harper's Bazaar UK.


In contrasting images, a fair-haired Watson poses in a field of wild flowers wearing white couture, while in other shoots her hair appears

As well as modelling some key looks from the upcoming autumn/winter collection from some of the world's top fashion houses, Watson also opens up on why really she left America's Brown University.

She tells the August issue of the magazine: 'Leaving Brown had nothing to do with bullying, as the media have been suggesting recently.

Racy: Watson goes for a bad girl look in a sheer black dress and dark brown hair


'I have never been bullied in my life. Like a lot of other students at Brown, I might spend my third year abroad.'

Although Watson is still musing over where to complete her studies, it appears her native England is unlikely to be an option.

When asked why she didn't originally chose an English university, Watson explained: 'I felt suddenly very claustrophobic...I thought, "I can’t stay here, I won’t be able to concentrate, I won’t be left alone."'

Since enrolling at university, Watson has been taking acting classes and admitted she was struggling to unleash her inner bad girl.

Well heeled: Watson strikes a vampy pose as she models a sheer black panelled dress

She said: 'My acting tutor said the hardest thing for me was to get angry. I almost broke down in tears when they tried to get me to be angry. I said, "I can’t do it, I just can’t do it."

'I keep all of that really bottled up somewhere and I feel unleashing it would be the scariest thing – and to let myself be powerful, sexy, all those things, it’s scary for me. [Even playing the bad girl in this shoot] felt a bit uncomfortable and awkward, it didn’t come naturally at all.'

While Watson is hoping to continue her acting career, she admits she finds Hollywood petrifying.

She admitted: 'LA scares the c**p out of me.

'I feel if I have to work out four hours a day, and count the calories of everything I put in my mouth, and have Botox at 22, and obsess about how I look the whole time, I will go mad, I will absolutely lose it.'

Watson is scheduled to attend the world premiere of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part II in London's Trafalgar Square next Thursday.


Country girl: Watson models a stunning asymmetrical dress as she walks through a field